Join Our Team
We like to surround ourselves with positive, smart, energetic people with high expectations who love what they do and are super passionate about educating children! If that sounds like
you, come join our team!
Step 1: Submit a Resume and Cover Letter
If you understand that there is an urgent need to elevate public education and want to be a driving force for change, Riverhead Charter School may be your place to shine. We invite you to begin by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Submit a YouTube video
Selected applicants will be asked to submit a video responding to the following 3 questions. Videos should be no more than 8 minutes. Please include your first and last name and the position for which you would like to be considered.
1. Tell us about your professional experiences that have prepared you for working in a K-8 charter school.
2. Why are you applying to Riverhead Charter School?
3. Tell us about a time you successfully supported the learning needs of a child. What did you do and why?
Step 3: In Person Interview
Some applicants will be invited to an in-person interview with members of our leadership team.
Step 4: Teach a Demo lesson
Some applicants will be invited to do a demo lesson with students at Riverhead Charter School. We’ll be looking for your ability to lead a 25-45 minute class with a prepared objective and agenda, brief mini-lesson, guided practice, independent practice, and “exit ticket’ or assessment. We’ll focus on your classroom managment instincts, your overall teacher personality and lesson delivery. After the lesson, you’ll reflect with school-based faculty.
Step 5: Reference check
We may request three professional references from you after the demo lesson.
Step 6: We offer you a position!
If we are interested, we will extend an offer and you will have 1 week to get us a decision, after receiving your formal contract.
To get started uploading videos on YouTube from your desktop, follow the steps below:
- Sign into YouTube.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can choose the video privacy settings. Select Private.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer. You can also record a video from your webcam, create a video slideshow or import a video from Google+.
- As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is completed youtube will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to email@example.com.
(1) K-8 NYS Certified– Dual Certification a plus.
(1)K-8 NYS Certified World Language Teacher -Dual Certification a plus. Preferred Bilingual-Spanish.
(1) Part Time Board Clerk Job Description
RCS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please note that due to the high volume of resumes, only emailed resumes will be reviewed (resumes sent by fax or regular mail will not be reviewed).
For consideration, please email letters of interest with resume and certifications to:
Mr. Raymond Ankrum, Executive Director
Riverhead Charter School